Wednesday, December 22, 2010

REAL WEDDING: FIGUEROA MOUNTAIN FARMHOUSE

I will always remember this wedding. In part, because this couple are two of sweetest, most loving and generous people I've ever met. And in part, because ... It was the windiest, wildest wedding I have ever done.

It was a windy weekend everywhere in Santa Barbara County on this day in May. I've spoken to numerous other planners that experienced similar conditions. But up in the mountains off Figueroa Mountain Road, it whipped us around and wreaked havoc on all things wedding. Luckily, Maggie and Dominic were game for it. They chose their venue because of its beauty and unique perch that makes it feel like you're on top of the world - and the only ones on it - and they were prepared for whatever conditions came their way. Nothing could faze these lovebirds!

We had to make some adjustments - like incorporating firewood into the floral centerpieces in order to weigh down the tables and linens, and like moving the party inside immediately following dinner - but everyone rolled with it all and we had a blast.












Congratulations, Dominic and Maggie!! Thank you, Shoshanna Lee Photography for sharing the images. And thank you to all those vendors that went above and beyond and performed with such grace in such crazy conditions:

Donna Romani Events
Shoshana Lee Photography
Simply Marvelous BBQ Catering
AMS Entertainment
EventRents
Santa Barbara Airbus

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my very favorite locations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it breathtaking?! I'm doing another wedding there this June and I'm so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just went up to the farmhouse today and I loved it. My mother hated the drive though and is convinced it's a death-trap. Donna, did guests handle the last five miles okay?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails