Monday, January 4, 2010

RESOLUTIONS AND CHANGING YOUR NAME

I have been married now for just about one and a half years. Glorious days; never been happier. And I LOVE my new name! No offense to my family, but Donna Romani WAY beats Donna Sniffin! And yet, I still have not completed all the paperwork to finalize my name change.

I've done all the basics to make it legal ... DMV, Social Security, etc., but the amount of paperwork and the volume of companies that hold your identity is astounding - from credit cards and bank accounts, to gym memberships, utility companies, pet insurance and microchipping. It takes a lot of time and patience.

I have two outstanding items left to do in order to make myself 100-percent Romani. My resolution for 2010 is to finally complete the process.

For all of you anticipating the process in the coming year, I highly recommend a name change kit. It doesn't help you fill out the paperwork, but it provides you with direction and all the necessary forms. I never would have figured out the form I needed for social security if I hadn't been provided with it by my kit. And I never would have known about some of the places I needed to inform if I hadn't been guided.

Here are two great resources, totally worth the money:

Miss Now Mrs, $19.95 (Basic) to $29.95 (Complete)

The Knot's Name Change Kit, $29.95

What are your resolutions???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails