Monday, August 3, 2009

Sunday Brunch

August 3, 2009

Sunday brunch with the girls is a New York tradition that I miss dearly. The wait to get into Bubby's or Balthazaar's could be long, but you had hot coffee and all the week's gossip to catch up on. Nowadays Sunday brunch is a little simpler but still one of my favorite things in the world. I sleep in late, catching up on my zz's after a long Saturday working a wedding that I've poured my heart and soul into. Once out of bed, Luca and I take the pooch for a lazy walk and he asks me about everything that happened. And I'm still sharing by the time we get back home and make brunch. Brunch is the most restorative meal I know. There is something about bacon and eggs that builds you back up both physically and emotionally. And to go with it ... a latte, yes, but even better ... a bellini! Oh my, I love bellinis! And in my house, where Luca believes Arrigo Cipriani is God, the only kind of bellini is the original served at Harry's Bar in Venice. Beautiful fresh white peaches, pealed and pureed (never yellow peaches), topped with Prosecco. The proportions are 1 part peach puree to 3 parts Prosecco. So good!!! How long 'til next Sunday?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails