Wednesday, December 9, 2009

AFTER THE WEDDING

What do you do with your wedding dress ... after the wedding? Do you keep it for a future generation or do you donate or sell it? This is an extremely personal decision for every bride.

If you're like me, I am extremely sentimental about my wedding photos and memories, but I am more realistic about the dress - and I loved my Vera Wang! I highly doubt that my future daughter(s) would want to wear it, and we really don't have the space to keep it for the sake of not letting go. So, I made the decision to sell it.

It took about nine months to find the right buyer, but once she came along (all the way from London!), we both knew it was right. She was 99-percent sure she was going to buy it before she ever tried it on, and once she slid into it ... we both cried. It fit her like a glove and she looked stunning.

I was unsure how I would feel about someone else wearing my dress. The dress that I wore when I became a Mrs. and sealed it with a kiss. But I'll tell you this, she was so happy in my dress. And she was so in love and looking forward to her wedding (a candle-lit service at night in a small church outside of London - sigh), that I started swooning for her. She got her dream Vera Wang, I got back about $1500 bucks, and my husband was beyond thrilled to get back our second closet!

I highly recommend the whole process ... it's eco-friendly to recycle your gown, and you're making someone else's dreams come true - at an affordable price. It felt good.

I used preownedweddingdresses.com and had a great experience. It cost $25 to list the dress and their customer service is really good. Plus, if you're looking to buy a gently used gown, it's a wonderful place to shop! They have over 3,880 dresses available for purchase right now.

Check out some of the items for sale:

Carmela Sutera

Ines di Santo

Jenny Lee
What will you do with your dress after the wedding is over???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails